May 29, 2017

I left Troutdale this morning under the cover of fog.  That was sort of disappointing since I knew I would miss out on some of the most scenic views on the entire trip.  As I climbed I realized that I was getting pretty wet.  By the time I go to the top I was wet and cold.  Adam and Jarrod had purchased and amazing rain coat for me, which saved my day.  As soon as I put it on I started warming up. 
The Oregon Historic Highway is a narrow two lane road with switchbacks every several hundred feet.  As I coasted down the other side I soon ran into some amazing waterfalls.  Maltnomah Falls in amazing.

Most of the day was spent on OHH, bike trails and frontage roads. I did need to ride on interstate 84.  It is interesting riding on the interstate with cars and trucks flying by you only eight feet away. 
I arrived at Hood Rover just in time this afternoon.  It was nearly 80 degrees and the wind was picking up.  Late this afternoon the winds were gusting 30-35 miles an hour. 

Tomorrow I will ride to Biggs.  The winds are to be high again tomorrow.  Should be interesting. 

Good to be alive!





Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenery. Praying that your ride is all you've dreamed it would be. Be safe....Dale

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

June30, 2017